Keeping your teeth clean is a daily activity, but sometimes your oral health requires a deeper cleaning. That’s why it’s a great idea to have dental cleaning done at least once a year. In fact, having your teeth cleaned at least once a year can do more than just improve that pearly-white smile of yours, it may also improve your health. How so? A thorough teeth cleaning can reduce the amount of bacteria in the mouth that leads to infection and inflammation and may spread to other parts of the body. By keeping the oral bacteria level down, the body can remain healthy and avoid diseases like heart disease and stroke.
At Foothill Dental Care in Livermore, we want to help you maintain that beautiful smile while helping you maintain good health, so we do everything within our means to provide excellent service during your visit. If you are interested in getting a dental cleaning, call our Livermore office at (925) 961-5484 to schedule an appointment today.
If you are still unsure why teeth cleaning is so important, below are 5 bright reasons to help you decide.
- Prevent Cavities – The top layer of film on your teeth that builds up over time is called plaque, and plaque is the top cause of tooth decay. Plaque eats away at the tooth enamel and can create a cavity factory if left untreated. The best way to remove plaque is through brushing, flossing, and dental cleanings.
- Avert Tooth Loss – As plaque builds up on teeth, gum disease is surely not far behind, and that is a major cause of tooth loss in adults. Gum disease allows plaque to move down the tooth, into the gums and eventually it can affect the jaw bone, which causes teeth to loosen and fall out. The best way to avoid this is through regular dental cleanings and good oral hygiene habits.
- Brighten Your Smile – Everybody likes a bright, beautiful smile, but drinking coffee, tea, and wine can stain your teeth. The same goes for smoking. Fortunately, a dental cleaning can remove many of the stains caused by drinking or smoking. Dental cleaning can leave you with freshly polished teeth and a whiter, brighter smile!
- Freshen Your Breath – There are many foods that can cause bad breath, but the quickest way to bad breath is through poor oral hygiene. By keeping good oral hygiene, bad breath can be prevented. Even with regular brushing and flossing, bad breath can persist. That’s why thorough dental cleaning is a great way to keep your mouth healthy and odor-free.
- Save Money – By receiving dental cleanings, you avoid dental conditions that may cause thousands of dollars in treatments and procedures. Most dental insurance plans have low or no copays for dental cleanings, but that all depends on your insurance provider. Protect your teeth by getting regular dental cleanings to avoiding more costly and extensive procedures.
If you are interested in getting a dental cleaning, call Foothill Dental Care in our Livermore office at (925) 961-5484 to schedule an appointment today. We look forward to see you!