If you’ve been embarrassed about your smile, you may have the solution for you. Restorative dentistry is the treatment and management of oral health problems. It focuses on restoring the way the mouth looks and functions. At Foothill Dental Care, we offer a wide range of dental services. Here are five restorative treatments that can help improve your smile.
- Dental Fillings: Dental fillings are a common way to restore teeth. Dentists use dental fillings to repair teeth that are affected by decay, cracks, and fractures. Your teeth can be filled with silver or gold amalgam, or composite resin fillings that are tooth colored. Composite resin fillings have become increasingly popular since people like the natural look.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns are essentially tooth-shaped “caps” meant to be placed over teeth to help restore their size and shape, strength and appearance. Most crowns can last decades, especially if you work on maintaining good oral hygiene.
- Dental Bridges: Dental bridges are synthetic teeth designed to bridge the gap created by missing teeth. A bridge can be reinforced by natural teeth, implants, or a combination of both. Dental bridges can also help improve the color and shape of the teeth that have crowns.
- Dental Veneers: Dental veneers are thin shells of ceramic that attach directly to the front of the teeth. Dental veneers are regularly used to fix broken, irregularly shaped, discolored, worn down, chipped, or misaligned teeth. They also feel and look like real teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are used as replacement for tooth roots. They are placed into the jaw to hold replacement teeth and are then covered with permanent dental crowns.
When you have missing teeth, it can make you look older than they really are. Dental implants and other restorative treatments can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself. Give our Livermore dental office at (925) 961-5484 today to schedule an appointment in Livermore.